Sunday, August 15, 2010

were o were have i been

I promise I have a good excuse for blog slacking, my pretty princess started school!!!!! yes i have a kindergartener!!! ok well i was I was not excited, I cried my eyes out, but did wait till after we left her in her cute little classroom in her cute little uniform:) I have cried every day since everytime I drop her off! It breaks my heart to see her walk away with her backpack(that is twice her size) and she looks so little, like she shouldn't be leaving me yet. I think the worst part is not see what she is doing every few minutes, not being able to watch her playing babies and barbies all day long, and not being able to protect her every minute of the day. I guess thats a part of life though, it reminds me of the book I just finished (well finished a few wks ago) Pieces of happily ever After ,I loved this book, it made me, laugh and cry all within a few pages.
Anyways her is the passage form the book, that came to mind when I watched princess pea walk thru the school gates.
     
             I don't have to be a psychic to know that your love for your child is a heartbreaking kind. I love her so much but I also know one day she will leave me and be out on her own. One day she'll say goodbye to princesses, then Barbies, then Bratz, then High School Musical then Hannah Montana. And then, one day, me. As much as I love her, she is not mine forever.

 You hold her hand, She holds yours. One day she holds it only when she's sure no ones's looking. But she eventually lets go and doens't hold it for years and years and years. Then one day she holds it again. But this time it's because you need her to. She helps you cross the street.
And one day, if your life is as perfect as it can be, she buries you and continues on without you. She'll long for your hand in hers. She'll imagine it in her dreams. And the best you can hope for is that you've taught her well. You hope she doesn't make mistakes, but of course she will. And hopefully, she'll feel your phantom hand holding onto her and comforting her through it all.

    With that I will leave you with pics from princesses first day of school:)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
This one breaks my heart:(
Photobucket
Reading the kissing hand, tear tear ;(
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment